We all like to have a beautiful white smile, but over the years our teeth turn yellow due to various factors, from lack of care to an inadequate diet. This problem has simple solutions, you should only be preventive; Today we will explain how to prevent your teeth from turning yellow by following some tips.
Steps to follow:
- As we get older the teeth lose their whiteness. This process can be accelerated if we also do not have adequate dental hygiene, if we carry a bad diet and have unhealthy habits such as smoking or drinking too much wine.
- The first step to prevent your teeth from getting yellow is to brush them after each meal, dedicating yourself with care to eliminate the remains of food and prevent the accumulation of plaque and tartar. Using dental floss to remove waste from between your teeth and using a good mouthwash will also help your teeth look whiter, eliminating the bacteria that cause decay and bad breath.
- If you do not have any type of dental prosthesis or are in an inconspicuous place, you can use a whitening toothpaste. It is important to know that these products, as they say in their indications, are for naturally white teeth, if yours are very yellow you should resort to more professional treatments
- Foods such as soft drinks, tea, wine, coffee, chocolate and products high in refined sugar such as cookies and cakes, tend to stain our teeth turning it more yellow with time. You should not eliminate them from your diet, but it is important that you consume them in moderation. Also after eating them it is recommended that you brush as soon as possible
- The nicotine present in cigars leads to progressive discoloration of the teeth. That’s why people who smoke too much and have bad dental hygiene often end up with yellow teeth and full of black spots. The best way to prevent this from happening is to give up this habit, a step that will also greatly benefit your health
- Take care of your teeth to avoid cavities, these can make them look bad and yellowish. The main care to make your teeth look whiter depends completely on you
- Visit your dentist every six months for a deep dental cleaning. As much as you have good dental hygiene (and most people do not) dental plaque always accumulates in hard-to-reach places. This step is essential to prevent your teeth from becoming yellow, plaque, bacteria and cavities to build up. It also decreases bad breath problems
- If your teeth look really too yellow you can consult a specialist to opt for a professional whitening treatment. The cost of the same can be a little high, but for many people it is an ideal aesthetic option to solve this problem and get again a smile of envy.