There are a lot of things that need to be taken care of for having a well-maintained car. This can as trivial as cleaning the sides and interior which are often overlooked. So for maintaining your car with all the love for the vehicle, the first step is to keep the exterior of the vehicle clean and washed. After cleaning, polishing it and giving it a coat of wax to keep it lasting and shiny is important. The interior of the car comes next but is usually not looked at. Using the best car carpet cleaner to keep the carpets clean and cleaning the leather in the sides and seats to maintain a neat look inside. So let us look at the method to clean the carpet of a car.
Steps to keep the car’s carpet clean
- The first step is to clean all loose lying things in the car and keeping it in the sides or inside the dashboard. This helps to keep the carpet away from stains and dirt.
- Take the car’s floor mat out and clean them to remove all the dust and use the best car carpet cleaner to remove any form of stains and dirt that still remain in the floor mat.
- Use a car vacuum and clean all the dirt from the carpets carefully. More attention is to be given near the pedal, under the seats and crevices around the car to dispose of all dirt, crumbs and other forms of thrash from the carpet.
- Choose the best car carpet cleaner available in the market to clean the carpet. Any multipurpose car interior cleaner will suffice. Use a soft bristled brush to thoroughly wipe the interior carpets. Using a brush helps in spreading the shampoo into the fabric of the carpet.
- The best car carpet cleaner is not always found in the supermarket. So using a household laundry detergent will provide the same results.
- After proper cleaning let it sit for 10 minutes and then use a wet rag cloth to wipe the carpets methodically. This will bring up all the dirt and also remove the stains in the carpet.
- Make sure to use a slightly wet cloth and not a soaking wet cloth. As getting the carpets wet can cause mold to grow under the carpets. As long as the carpets dry up it is not a problem.
- After cleaning, keep the doors open for a few hours to dry the carpets as much as possible.
So to summarise, cleaning a car’s interior is as important as maintaining the exterior and engines. Using the best car carpet cleaner available in the market or laundry detergent to keep them neat helps to keep the car odour free.