There are just instances that we cannot avoid particularly when our windshield gets cracked or chipped due to some unforeseen circumstances and when this unfortunate time comes, we can only think of two things, whether to repair it or to replace it.
Accidents do happen, and it cannot be avoided regardless of how cautious you are especially when you are driving on the road. One of the most susceptible to accidents and damages on the road is our car’s windshield, for obvious reasons, the windshield or the auto glass is the one that protects us from everything that comes at our way when we drive along the highway, from projectiles to insects, dust and anything that can cause us harm and distraction, our windshield serves as a protective barrier from anything that passes through when we are driving.
Which is why it being one of the most susceptible to being damaged regardless of how much care you put into it. If you want to determine whether or not it would better off to repair it or completely replace it with a new one, you should consider some factors before you make your decision. You should always consider the impact of the damage that your windshield sustained first by making a short assessment whether or not you can still visibly see the road from the driver seat so that you can make a good decision if it is time to say goodbye to your old and broken windshield and replace it with a new one.
To determine if your windshield is totaled or can be fixed, check out the rest of the article courtesy of https://www.lpagtampa.com/.
The windshield can be fixed if:
- Fixing the initial damage won’t create any reduction to the safety of the car in case of an impact or a collision on the road.
- The crack is not that large or shorter than one whole ruler or the chip smaller than an inch.
- The external layer glass was damaged and not the inner part of it.
- The chip or crack is not that relatively visible or is located in the outer margin of your windshield.
The windshield should be replaced if:
- Have sustained damage that it reaches the point that it affects the driver’s visibility on the road.
- The crack is longer than an entire ruler or the chip is bigger than an inch.
- If the glass sustained damage that reached its inner layer.
- If the damage reaches to the corner or the edge of your windshield.
Factors to consider if your windshield is needed to be repaired or replaced:
- Safety- The most important concern or factor that you have to prioritize is your safety. If you feel that your windshield can harm you and your passengers, then you should not waste a minute making it worse that is why you should send it to the specialists to repair it or replace it depending on the severity of the damage.
- Road vision- Driving like a blind man will not just jeopardize your safety as well as your passengers’ but also this will affect your fellow motorists, pedestrians, structures, and your passengers. If you cannot see the road clearly from your driver’s seat, you should talk to an auto-glass specialist to determine if it is needed to be fixed or to be replaced.