There are many benefits to having double glazing. Most modern homes are fitted with double glazing, but some older homes may still not have them fitted. This is a mistake because, in the long run, the benefits to energy consumption reduction and the maintenance of the temperature in a home are becoming more and more important. It’s a good idea to review what you have at the moment in terms of windows and this Double Glazing Company Cheltenham based organisation at https://www.firmfix.co.uk/windows/ can certainly be of assistance. Let’s look at what Double glazing installation can do for your home.
- It will keep your home warmer in the winter. Double glazed windows can reduce the amount of heat loss that you experience with single glazed. In fact, single glazed windows leak up to 50 to 70 percent of your home’s heat. Double glazing also traps in the heat of the sun and keeps it in the home.
- On the flip side double glazing traps and keeps out the sun on warmer days to ensure that the house does not heat up and keeps it cooler.
- No need to turn on the heat so high. Because the windows have trapped in the heat that means the house will stay warmer for longer and you won’t need to turn the radiators up so much or even on at all. That means that you ‘ll see lower energy bills which is always a good thing isn’t it?
- Say goodbye to condensation. It’s a very common problem in older houses where the air on the windows meets with the warm air inside. This cold and hot environment creates condensation. This makes for a damp house and can lead to mould which makes people with respiratory problems worse. Double glazing keeps the cold out and warm in so that they do not meet.
- No more noise. Can’t stand it when your neighbours are outside chatting, or cars are thundering by. Double glazing significantly reduces the amount of noise that comes into the house baffling sound and reducing it.
- It will put up your house price. A good set of double glazed windows can add a few thousand to your selling price.
- It will stop cabinets and sofas fading in strong sunlight. UV light can do serious damage to your furnishings just ask the National Trusts conservation department about how they have to protect there’s. Double glazing reduces the glare down so that the colour of your furnishings is protected.
- Improves your security. Double glazing is very tough stuff, it takes some getting through and is very loud if you break it.
So, don’t delay ask the team to review your windows as soon as you can.