It can be dangerous for the driver if you have chips or cracks in the windshield, but it can be easily fixed if the automatic glass installer works efficiently and quickly replaces a damaged windshield. You can take your car to the place of work, but there are also mobile glass installers for cars that come to your home or place of work to install a new windshield.
More information on how to become an auto glass installer and perform to your best.
If you want to continue this career, you need to be familiar with cars in general, excellent customer service skills and the ability to learn. This job can be stressful and difficult, but at the same time it gives you a sense of accomplishment, knowing that the roads are safer thanks to your skills. To work as an automatic glass installer, there are several educational requirements. Most companies require you to have a high school diploma or equivalent, but no prior training is required. In high school, you must attend seminars and classes in mathematics, because in this work you will use mathematics to calculate the size of the glass required to be installed on the windshield. It will also deliver a power tool. Most companies that hire car manufacturers offer on-the-job training and you can learn more at https://www.safeautoglass.net/.
When you work as an automatic glass installer, you will have to master many jobs. One of the first tasks is to learn how to use a hand and power tool to remove damaged glass and its safe disposal. You will also use the same basic tools to install new glass. One of the tools that you learn to use is an air gun. This tool allows you to easily move your entire windshield in one piece. You also need to learn how to handle customers what is done while working on the counter.
Here you can:
- Answer the phone and answer customer questions.
- Get cars that need to replace a windshield or window.
- Estimate the time and cost that will be required to complete the work.
- Accept the payment or fill out the form for the insurance company to pay the bill.
Some of the necessary skills that you will need may include:
- Excellent hand-eye coordination as it is fragile glass and you will have to choose between different pieces of window glass.
- Good communication skills, because you should receive and give directions from colleagues and talk with clients.
- Patience because it may take some time to properly install the glass
When you work as an installer of automobile glasses, you can work in a car dealership or in specialized stores that are engaged only in the repair and replacement of automobile windows.