The magical and elusive lands of North Korea beckons every globetrotter and backpacker to come and experience its exuberance and wonders. Just the way you’ll be spoilt for choice while shortlisting the mesmerizing places to visit in South Korea which encompass both breathtaking natural sites as well as the urban vistas, things are no different with North Korea.
Let’s us quickly take you through the top 6 spots that you must check out during your visit to this beautiful country.
- Pyeongchang-gun: Pyeongchang-gun is a county which is situated in Gangwon province. It is known the world over for Odaesan National Park, which is situated in the lap of Taebaek Mountain ranges. The place is also home to several Buddhist temples- Woljeongsa Temple having 9 storeys octagonal Pagoda is the most famous of them all.
- Seoul: The capital city is home to the most stylish urban vistas where modern skyscrapers, high-tech subways meet the street markets and Buddhist temples. Gyeongbokgung Palace is a must-visit site which was known to house more than 7000 rooms. Similarly, Jogyesa temple is another amazing must-visit place which is house to several pine trees and a variety of ancient locusts. Talking of the ultra-modern buildings, Dongdaemun Design Plaza is a futuristic architectural marvel having one convention hall beside the rooftop park- Again a must-visit spot on your travel itinerary.
- Andong: Situated on the banks of Nakdong River, Andong is world-famous for its open-air heritage museums. Hahoe Folk Village is another famous tourist attraction which is known for its traditional tile-roofed homes and local cuisines. You could also visit the nearby Buyongdae Cliff to capture the expansive views of the river Nakdong.
- The Islands: The place is house to several breathtaking clusters of islands as well. While it is almost impossible to cover them all, you could visit the famous ones which include Jindo, Geojedo, Ulleungdo, Hongdo, Marado, Udo, Nami Island etc. to name a few.
- Busan: The second largest city of the country is the famous world over for hosting Asia’s largest International Film Festival. You can explore Busan for its beaches, seafood and the rich Korean culture.
- Suwon: It is the capital city of Gyeonggi province, which borders the Seoul. Suwon is world-famous for its Hwaseong fortress carrying impressive stone walls and archways. Constructed by the Joseon dynasty, the place is now a UNESCO heritage site and houses observation decks, artillery towers and four pagoda-style gates. Another amazing spot to check out is Hwaseong Haenggung Palace. Apart from this, Samsung Innovation Museum, Gwanggyosan Mountain etc. are few other places of great interest.
With so many amazing spots to explore, the country is sure an awesome destination for a fun-filled vacation with your family and friends.