Neuropathy may be referred to as peripheral neuropathy, is nerve damage that can be a result of diabetes or chemotherapy. It can affect many different categories of nerves and different body locations. Also, it affects a single nerve or many nerves simultaneously. There are three types of neuropathies: Mononeuropathy, Polyneuropathy, and distal symmetric polyneuropathy. Talking about neuropathic pain can develop when the nerves, which are a part of the somatic nervous system, get damaged and then transmit sensory signals to the central nervous system in a distorted or altered fashion. neuropathy treatment is done by either targeting the underlying cause or providing symptomatic pain relief and further preventing nerve damage.
- Loss of balance in the body of the individual.
- Muscle tone reduction in feet or hands.
- No feeling of hot or cold or any physical injury.
- Pain and burning sensation in legs and hands.
- Breakdown of joints due to nerve issues.
The treatment includes: –
- They are keeping a healthy lifestyle to maintain good nerve health. Daily exercising, maintaining a healthy weight, eating healthy food, quitting smoking and alcohol, and so on are some ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Maintaining an average blood sugar level prevents further nerve damage when a person has diabetes.
- Immunosuppressive drugs can help when the root cause is an autoimmune disorder.
- Stopping the intake of any problematic drug or stopping a person from coming in contact with a problematic toxin can prevent further nerve damage.
- Hand and foot braces in case of physical disability due to motor symptoms are to be used.
Medications used during neuropathy treatment can help relieve pain and symptoms, but it doesn’t cure the problem. During treatment, no other medicines are to be given to the patient to avoid unwanted reactions.
There are also natural treatments for the problem, which include using warm or cold packs by keeping in mind that the effects of hot or cold don’t make the condition worse; acupuncture, massage, and so on can help the person cope with the pain.
Peripheral neuropathy is very frustrating and painful. Also, it isn’t easy to treat. People with peripheral neuropathy should try several treatments or a combination of treatments to find the best and most effective treatment. Many people improve their condition with the help of natural or medical treatment.