Indeed, it is tough to know what doubts you are going to ask a doctor after you have found a patient with cancer. All oncology consultants try to provide much information about a specific type of cancer. But in case your consultant may not be able to clarify your doubts, then it is your responsibility to him or her. The patients who clarify their doubts about terms related to cancer can build positive aspects of cure. Therefore, you need to see a singapore oncology consultants for better results.
What is oncology?
Oncology is defined as the branch of medicine that is based on the diagnosis, treatment of tumors, and treatment of cancer. The job of an oncology consultant is to provide the information and take care of patients by using chemotherapy, hormone therapy, radiation oncology, and surgical oncology. An oncologist is involved with the doctors to build the best treatment plan for their patients.
Types of oncologists are listed below:
- Medical oncologists: – They use drugs to treat cancer. This involves chemotherapy, targeted therapy, and immunotherapy.
- Surgical oncologists: – These are generally surgeon that holds specialization in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. They perform diagnostic tests and analyze the stage of cancer.
- Radiation oncologists: – The radiation oncologist holds specialization in performing external and internal radiation therapy. External radiation is performed by applying high-energy photons beans to eliminate the cancer-affected cell. Internal radiation consists of treatment such as swallowing and injecting.
- Gynecologic oncologists: – These oncologists treat cancer that occurs in reproductive organs such as cervical cancer.
- Hematologist oncologists: – Hematologist oncologists treat the person who is suffering from blood cancers such as myeloma and leukemia.
- Neuro oncologist: – Neuro oncologist treats cancer-related to the brain, nervous system, and spinal code.
Singapore oncology consultants monitor the overall process of patients and provide them with the necessary information.
What is the job of oncologists?
The oncology consultant roles include:
- They recommended the required test to determine the stage of cancer.
- They explain the cancer terms to the patients and their families.
- They provide the best treatment plan to cure the tumor and cancer.
- They will help you manage the side effects of treatment.
For complex cancer, the oncologist arranges the tumor board. The tumor board consists of several medical experts and doctors. The members of the tumor group discuss and review the complexity of cancer and provide the best treatment.
Oncologists have very high expertise and knowledge in treating cancer. You must consult an oncologist that has the experience and own a proper license.